Doctors say that a minimum of 6 hours of sleep is a must for every human, and 8 hours is even better. However, you must have faced trouble sleeping even once. The reason could be stress, illness, travel or any temporary interruption of your normal routine. Nevertheless, if this sleeping problem isn’t temporary and interferes with your daily life regularly, you might be suffering from a sleep disorder. It can hamper your daily routine, affecting your brain and stressing your eyes. Let’s discuss what is the best way and what should be done to treat it.
What is a sleep disorder?
Any condition where your normal sleep pattern is disrupted on a regular basis is called a sleep disorder. Generally, there are more than 80 types of sleep disorders, but the major types include sleep apnea, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, parasomnia, circadian rhythm disorders, and hypersomnia. The way to know if you are suffering from a sleep disorder is if you sleep poorly at night. As a result, you wake up tired in the morning not feeling, at all, energetic throughout the day. Again, no matter how tired or stressed you are, you hardly get any sleep at night. Deficiency of sleep can lead to many problems, which may substantially impact your daily life activities, your productivity, and your whole life as a result. After all, quality sleep is not a luxury but a necessity.
Treatment for Sleep Disorder
Needless to mention, there are many over-the-counter alternatives for the treatment of insomnia. However, if you really wish to avoid the sluggish side effects of such alternatives, you can go for cannabidiol (CBD). With this suggestion, you definitely have a lot of questions in your mind. Well, we have answers to all of them below.
CBD products that our clients use to improve their sleep :
Can sleep disorders be cured by CBD?
Well, this question seems to give a positive response. CBD, the second most popular ingredient in cannabis, seems to prevent any kind of addiction and also leads to less sleep disruption as compared to THC, as reported by a recent study conducted by the World Health Organization (WHO). In other words, CBD calms down the nervous system of a person and helps him fall asleep. This is how it helps with the treatment of sleep disorders. Not only this, but experts also believe that CBD helps in preventing the breakdown of a chemical neurotransmitter in the brain that affects emotional state, mental function, and pain. This increases the level of sleep-promoting chemicals in the bloodstream which causes drowsiness and treats sleep disorders.
Win exciting gifts with our free monthly contests !
Enter your email to participate to our next contest and win many gifts ! Every months we organize a free contest with exiting products to win. CBD oil, gummies, soft-gel, hemp infusion .... Don't miss this opportunity !
Biological reasons in favor of CBD treatment for sleep disorders
CBD compounds are found to interact with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) of the body. This involves interacting with receptors throughout the body. Few of these receptors are known to affect the body’s cycle of sleep. When CBD enters the body, it manages this cycle and helps the person to overcome sleep problems.
CBD also helps in easing anxiety. It makes the anxiety level to decline in people who complain of poor sleep through the interaction between CBD and the cannabinoid receptors found in the brain. This results in improvement of sleeping habits.
Recent evidence points toward a calming effect of CBD on our brains. A large retrospective case series investigated the clinical application of CBD for sleep deprivation in conjunction with the usual treatment. A total of 72 adults were examined prior to and 1 month after the administration of CBD. It was found that CBD significantly improved sleep scores within the 1st of month of treatment in the majority of patients (66.7%). Also, CBD was well tolerated in the vast majority of patients. This points out the safe profile as well as the effectiveness of CBD in overcoming sleep deprivation.
Moreover, current research shows that taking CBD even if you’re healthy or not having sleep troubles, will no alter your sleep cycle or cause you any problem. So, basically, CBD is safe for both healthy and sleep-deprived individuals. CBD does not induce any significant adverse effects on sleep. Different from anxiolytic and antidepressant drugs, acute administration of CBD does not seem to interfere with the sleep cycle of healthy individuals. Evidence supports that CBD does not alter normal sleep patterns.
Is there any risk?
If we compare CBD to other treatments for sleep disorders, it seems to have very few risks. It is not addictive like sleeping pills and is well tolerated by most people. The risk of side effects, overdose and addiction are practically very limited in the case of CBD. This shows that CBD is a much better alternative for those who are looking for a non-risky yet effective way to treat sleep disorders.
You can use the CBD dosage calculator tool to find the perfect daily CBD dose for you.
Points to Remember
If you’re thinking about taking CBD to treat insomnia, know that it is available as oil, capsule and even spray. You can pick whichever is to your preference as all of these are equally effective. Well, you need to keep some points in your mind while you try to overcome sleep disorder with the help of CBD. Here are some points to be remembered:
- Know the reason: Recent research has proved that CBD works better for anxiety than sleep. It works by easing your anxiety which helps you feel relaxed and then fall asleep. So, if the reason behind your sleep disorder is anxiety, you should go for CBD without giving a second thought to it.
- The shorter, the better: The effectiveness of CBD was shown to be better for a short-term usage There’s definitely no risk of extra use but if you want better results, you need to keep it small. Therefore, you should avoid taking it daily or for the long term.
- Consider the form: As mentioned above, CBD is available in various forms including oils, capsules, and spray. You can definitely choose any of these as per your choice. However, vaping CBD is considered to work faster as it gets the compound into the system very quickly. But, edibles like pills and oils release the CBD slowly which will result in a longer duration of effectiveness, and subsequently help you sleep longer. If you go for these, take them at least an hour before you go to bed and you’re all set to sleep peacefully.
- Consider the quality: Many CBDs are found to be contaminated by harmful substances like pesticides. They don’t have what they claim to treat your condition, and this may affect your health when consumed. Thus, knowledge about how to shop for CBD and choose a high-quality product is essential.
- Higher doses work better: As mentioned earlier, CBD does not have any risk of overdose. You don’t have to make the dose longer, but you can definitely make it bigger. Higher doses prove to give better sleep outcomes than lower ones.
- Use it safely: CBD may interact with medications. If you take any other medications also, talk to your doctor and make sure that its consumption won’t interact in any way with such medications and cause serious health problems. Otherwise, CBD is all safe to be consumed.